Treatwell is the largest hair and beauty bookings website in Europe. A 24/7 beauty bookings platform that puts customers and salon managers in control, allowing people to book at times and prices that suit them most, offering style know-how in order to look and feel amazing.
With offices in several countries across Europe, Treatwell celebrates an annual gathering for employees to learn and grow, meet face-to-face, and basically have a great time together. As the company continues to expand, this year marked a new milestone for the annual event, with new day activities such as workshops and awards.
As corporate events organisers, we started working with Treatwell in 2017 and continued up until the start of the pandemic. They needed to focus on their daily tasks and planning such a large and complex event was extremely time-consuming for them. They wanted to place the planning and organising in capable hands, knowing that they could trust the result. We became part of the Treatwell family, working approximately six months each year to create the magic for their annual gathering.
Crucial to the success of each event was the need to source two venues for such a large capacity. The two venues also needed to be close to each other. The final key requirement for sourcing venues for Treatwell was to avoid traditional spaces, such as hotel meeting rooms. Much hilarity ensued, which was always great fun.
The city of Barcelona contains hundreds of hotels. But… there aren’t many accommodation options for such a large group for corporate events. In the end we managed, avoiding the trauma of splitting the group.
As event planners, it was our job to make sure that everything ran smoothly. This was an incredible fun experience every year, filled with so many details to make the day and evening special.
- Broker a 450+ group deal with hotel
- Locate and negotiate conditions with two venues
- Select videographer and photographer
- Select food & beverage providers and decide on menus
- Manage list of food allergies and intolerances for attendees
- Design the atmosphere of the venues and source rentals
- Source props and decorative elements based on the event theme
- Create a communication plan for internal company use
- Manage catering for Barcelona office day before and day of event
- Propose team-building activity for day event
- Select DJ and send playlist requests
- Create master list of attendees and cross-reference with hotel
- Manage global event budget
- Liaise with insurance company
- Manage payments and invoices
- Oversee graphic design elements and print locally
- Deal with sound and lighting, stage and projectors
- Ensure all material for the event arrived correctly at each venue
- Create foliage arrangements for party venue
- Decorate party venue
- Ensure every aspect of the event was moving forward smoothly
Working with Treatwell has always been an incredibly rewarding experience. The bond of trust that was created, the camaraderie, the huge sense of responsibility to make sure that these special people had an amazing experience. We hope that one day it will be possible to welcome the entire Treatwell team to Barcelona once again.