The Art Directors Club of Europe, ADCE was created in 1990 by a group of professional design and advertising associations from around Europe. Recognised as an authoritative voice internationally, ADCE promotes European creativity to the world and brings creatives together in Europe and beyond through its annual awards, events, programmes and publications.
The ADCE Creativity Festival is an immersive annual event bringing together creative professionals from around the continent for two days of inspirational talks, hands-on workshops, and plenty of networking opportunities.
Our role: Event production
Purpose: Streamline production and logistics
Style: Creativity Festival
Venue: Design Museum of Barcelona
Attendees: Approximately 330 people
The ADCE carry out a staggering amount of work throughout the year with a very small team. In order for them to be able to continue focusing on their daily tasks, we were asked to streamline the event production for the Creativity Festival. It was our job to make sure that everything would be ready for the big day.
Production for Creativity Festival
The theme for the 6th edition was Sustainability: People for Tomorrow. Events always produce huge amounts of waste, items that can’t be used a second time, so this an interesting challenge. Turns out there actually are recycled canvas roll-ups with bamboo wood structures! We were responsible for:
- Search for sponsors
- Selection of catering menus
- Meetings with Design Museum teams
- Contact and negotiate deals with suppliers
- Manage all logistics for the event
- Manage all graphic design elements with suppliers and designer
- Receive and prepare speakers presentations
- Ensure all the workshops had the necessary material
- Manage the ground team before and during the event
- Stage management during the event
- Prepare second venue for the closing party on the last evening
- Propose and coordinate all the necessary restaurants for special board and jury meeting dinners